On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 22:46 -0400, Scott Balmos wrote:
> Do you happen to remember what was the latest version before the libssh move? 
> I'll gladly check if there's an old build laying around somewhere.
> 
> Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad
I believe it was 3.0.1-13.  Many of our installations are still using
3.0.1-4 (which has its own problems) - John
> 
> "John A. Sullivan III" <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> >On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 20:44 -0700, John Williams wrote:
> >> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Scott Balmos <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> <snip>>
> >> > 2) More interestingly, I have Pulseaudio set to SSH tunnel, for the 
> >> > random
> >> > time where I want audio playing over from my VM. Depending on the phase 
> >> > of
> >> > the moon, I will hear the first tenth of a second of the KDE startup 
> >> > music,
> >> > then nothing. Same with a song played in Amarok. Looking into the audio
> >> > settings, the remote Pulseaudio server seems to drop off the valid 
> >> > devices
> >> > list. I imagine Pulseaudio has lost the connection with the remote 
> >> > server on
> >> > the Windows client. I don't know if it's a tunneling issue or not. 
> >> > Obviously
> >> > everything works perfectly fine if there are no firewalls involved (e.g. 
> >> > I
> >> > have my laptop at home, accessing the home VM locally).
> >> >
> >> > Any ideas, or pointers on what to debug where to provide more info? 
> >> > Thanks!
> >> 
> >> Those are two long existing bugs in the Windows client. I use the
> >> following workarounds, but they are ugly:
> ><snip>
> >> 2) I disable the "Use ssh port forwarding to tunnel sound..." option.
> >> Of course, this will not work if your connection is going through a
> >> firewall.
> ><snip>
> >I believe sound used to work fine in the older clients.  I wonder if
> >something broke in the the move to libssh.  We have a number of issues
> >that seem to have degraded in the newer clients and they appear to all
> >be ssh related - John
> >


_______________________________________________
X2Go-User mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user

Reply via email to