Heya, >>> I'm a happy X2go user, using it every day on a Debian (testing) with >>> nightly X2go packages. >>> >>> As many others, since some time I'm hit by the libcairo update and the >>> sluggishness (however this isn't critical for me personally) and, more >>> important to me, the broken glyphs on session resume. >>> >>> >>> I don't want to whine or complain, just ask whether there are any news >>> on this problem. >> >> The issue with the sluggishness might have changed. I have a Debian >> sid system that I connect to (GNOME3 with --fallback mode). And the >> sluggishness has gone since a couple of days. Not sure what the >> change was, in X2Go we did not change anything about the sluggishness. >> >> Maybe people observe similar changes in their X2Go connections... >> >> Easy test: >> >> o gnome-terminal: run sudo apt-get update (with a long list of APT >> sources) >> o gnome-terminal: scroll through a long screen history >> o iceweasel/firefox: scroll a long web page >> >> Mike > > I studied the latest nxagent tarball from NoMachine again (3.5.0-9). I > realized that they provided a fix for the libcairo sluggishness issue. > > The nxagent (3.5.0-9) version is included in yesterday's release of NX > (redistributed) v3.5.0.14.
Nice to hear! As said above, the sluggishness isn't a big issue for me. It's rather the more or less broken session resuming due to the glyphs rendering problem. Anyway, thank you and Alex and all the others for working hard on X2go! Regards, Enrico -- Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.asc
signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
_______________________________________________ X2Go-User mailing list [email protected] https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user
