Hi Mike,

thank you for your answer. I was already wondering about this.

In this case the problem on our system must be somewhere else. I thought it might be not working due to this "simple" reason :-)

I found the remark here:
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:installation:x2goserver
At the bottom of the page, as a "Warning".

Best regards,
Markus


Am 18.04.2013 12:31, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
Hi Markus,

On Mi 17 Apr 2013 20:20:43 CEST Markus Kuderer wrote:

Hello everybody,

in the installation instructions there is a remark that the server has
to be run runlevel 5 to allow the X2Go server to accept connections.
Why is it like this? Is the local XServer needed for operation? Is
there an easy way to overcome this?

Where have you read this? It is wrong IMHO.

Background of my question:
I'm interested in using X2go in our system, but we had to switch to
runlevel 3. Actually we use mainly VNC sessions for remote operation
and these tended to hang up with a "local" XServer running on the server.

X2Go Server can be used with any runlevel on the system, if only SSHd is
running. X2Go ships its own X-Server (x2goagent/nxagent).

Also x2goagent/nxagent do not interfere with local X at all (any more).

Greets,
Mike



_______________________________________________
X2Go-User mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user

_______________________________________________
X2Go-User mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user

Reply via email to