> I do not encounter the mentioned problem with latest X2Go client on Windows 7
> or Mac OS X 10.10.5 to Fedora 24 x86_64.
> Xfce sessions are in use here. What do you use?
>
> Perl version on my F24 computer:
> $ rpm -q perl-DBI
> perl-DBI-1.634-3.fc24.x86_64
>
> `perl -v` and `which perl` result in same output.

rpm -q perl-DBI
perl-DBI-1.634-3.fc24.x86_64

> Can you try an installation from scratch of Fedora 24?

No this was an upgrade and has applications and users now that the school year
has started. Seems the upgrade caused the issue. I got a hint from this thread:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7777252/uninstall-all-perl-modules-installed-by-cpan

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7777252/uninstall-all-perl-modules-installed-by-cpan>

"If you can't use cpan any more because there are incompatible modules in you
path, you can remove all installed modules by hand. For example, I upgraded
from Fedora 22 to Fedora 23 and the Perl version changed. All modules installed
previously via cpanm into /usr/local/lib64/perl5did not work any more and
prevented me from using cpanm.

$ cpanm --uninstall Apache::
DBI

Attempt to reload Scalar/Util.pm aborted.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/File/Temp.pm line
18.
I could solve this by moving that directory:

$ mv /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /root/usr-local-lib64-perl5
The name of that directory may vary on your system.”

After I rebooted the Mac and installing XQuartz I was able to get in but just
got this warning:

You have enabled Remote Printing or File Sharing.
These features require a running and functioning SSH server on your computer.
Printing and File Sharing will be disabled for this session.

Please also check the Clientside SSH port in the general settings.

The SSH server failed to start.

X2Go Client did not detect a globally running SSH server on your machine and
was unable to start its own.

Please report a bug on:
https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:bugs
<https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:bugs>

Disabling Remote Printing or File Sharing support in the session settings will
get rid of this message.