As previously mentioned I have a flakey internet connection and must
frequently reestablish my x2go connection but this is compounded by a
problem:

When the connection is momentarily interrupted getting reconnected takes a
while because of strange behavior in trying to close out and reopen the
x2go session:

Click the x to close the window and I'm asked "No response received from
the remote server.  Do you want to terminate the current session?" which is
not strange at all but when I click "yes" it doesn't do so immediately, but
can take quite a while.  Other windows pop up with additional questions
depending on what I do to overcome the delay.

The closest thing I've discovered to this is an issue from 8 years ago:

https://x2go-user.x2go.narkive.com/4jvHBucc/session-resuming-after-disconnect-reconnect

Is there a configuration parameter or something I can set nowadays?