Am 01.06.23 um 17:46 schrieb Enrico Baravoglia | Fucine.IT:
PS Anyway Discover lists me tons of packets available for updates. There is not/any x2go packet listed anymore, as it happened two days ago. Would it be safe proceeding with that (huge) updates session?

Well, if they're not x2go-related packages, I can't tell you for sure, especially since you didn't list their names (sorry, my magic crystal ball is currently undergoing repairs ;-)).

What I would recommend is to run the following commands as root, or prefixed with sudo:

apt update # just for good measure - should be current now ;-)
apt upgrade -d -y # see explanation #1 below
apt upgrade # see explanation #2 below

#1 - as explained in the other thread, this will download all packages apt believes to be safe to install. It doesn't install them yet, so it is similar to using "-s", but with the added benefit that running the actual command later on will be quicker, as the packages are already there.

#2 - this is the actual upgrade step. Review all packages carefully before confirming it. However, as this is "only" an "apt upgrade", not an "apt full-upgrade", you should be safe. Especially as long as you don't re-enable any X2Go PPAs for now.

Avoid running "apt full-upgrade" or "apt-get dist-upgrade" and the like for now. Those are more likely to cause trouble, as they will trigger package removals and similar stuff that you should only be doing if you know what you're doing. Again, as I wrote in the other thread, "apt full-upgrade" is basically "Yes, do as I say!"'s little brother.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur
(who is now signing off and heading to the dinner table ...)

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur