Hi all,

A quick question.

A few people in our local radioclub have become interested in aprs over lora, mainly using the LilyGo T-beam devices. This is in essence an ESP32 running arduino-code + a 'lora32' module (which is a clone of of the sx1276). I have been tinkering with the kit, mainly using micropython to get to understand the sx1276 chip.

So,
If I would would want to use that device as an interface for xastir, what would be the most easy way to do this?

I guess just use the serial interface and create some kind of "bridge" between the serial packets and the Lora "air-interface"?

What is the difference between the "Serial TNC", "Serial KISS TNC" and the "Serial Multi-Port KISS TNC"?
Where can I find the documentation for this?

Or does this already exist?

Note, I am on linux (of course :-) )

BTW.
I have been discussion with a fellow ham on the use of 'UART pass-through' devices on LoRa. These are very simple, once they are configured, you just send data and receive data as it is a transparent serial path, ... except that it is 'multicast'.

What would be the best way to connect this kind of device to xastir?

Many thanks in advance.

Kristoff - on1arf