Installed from repository.

Curt, WE7U wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Murry wrote:

Curt, WE7U wrote:

First, did you compile Xastir from sources or did you use a
pre-compiled binary package?  What about all the libraries Xastir
needed, pre-compiled or did you compile from sources?

Did you follow the Xastir Wiki pages regarding the specific Ubuntu
version you're using?  There's a lot of good detailed info there.

I'm not an Ubuntu user, but there are quite a few of them on this
list and many are very knowledgable.  Give us more details and I'm
sure we can help.

OK.
What I have reported above is while using the version from the repositories. While waiting for a reply I downloaded Ver1.9.2 to see if that would work. During the ./configure I noticed a spot where it paused for a bit, it said, "checking for working mktime"
response was "no"
then it continued to the end and the little summary showed it configured with "yes" to everything except "gdal" It used Imagemagick and not Graphicsmagick. Now if I type "make" it starts but I get a lot of warnings at different locations and at the end is "all recursive error 1" and I think there is also a 2.

Answer the questions I posed and we'll have more of the data we
need to help you.  Going back Xastir rev's isn't the way to solve it
and will just introduce more problems.