Am 08.06.2010 um 20:19 schrieb Dan Zubey:

There probably would be licensing issues with using google maps. If not,
wouldn't that be neat.

However, I think the OSM people would be thrilled to have xastir use
their service.

+1 for OSM support in Xastir.

+1 from me as well.

It's not that far away, you can download their stuff and show it already, but a proper dbfawk file is missing, though.
So it doesn't display really nice.

But it rocks when zooming in and out!

So count my +1 for getting a decent dbfawk that can be understood by mere mortals...

OSM was shunned some time back, when people claimed it wouldn't be correct and would show an offset to GPS.
I don#t see it - at least for my home town:

http://sautter.com/map/

73

Thomas

DL/VA3TSE