On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Jason Rausch wrote:

Kurt,

I don't want to hijack your thread, but did you do anything special to get OSM going? I have the latest version installed, but I cannot get the OSM option to index under the map list. I have tried indexing the entire map list over and over. No luck so far.
I had the same problem, and it turned out to be I was looking at the wrong maps directory. I had a mixed-up installation due to an old Ubuntu .deb version still lying around, and I was driving myself crazy putting maps in the old directory and wondering why xastir wouldn't find them.

Find out where xastir is actually looking:

grep maps <~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                               -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009