From: Jason KG4WSV <kg4...@gmail.com>
To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion <xastir@lists.xastir.org>
Subject: Re: [Xastir] Map Fonts

Not sure what a "balloon" font is.  The default is a courier-like font, IIRC.

I suspect what you are seeing is the font outline/background. Look at
the map display prefs and see if there's a menu for station text
background none/outline/gray/black , or something along those lines.
Sorry, working from fuzzy memory here and I don't have an xastir box
handy.

-j