On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 02:31:08PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron
collision of the <ru...@bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> Changing the subject line to get more people to see this.

[...]
> It took a while, but I think I found some code that should work (using
> AF_PACKET and SOCK_DGRAM), and am pushing it to github on my own fork so you
> can try it out.  If the warnings go away for you, and AX.25 networking still
> work for everyone who reports in, then I will push it to the main line code.
>
> You can test it out easily:
>
>    git checkout master      # Likely a no-op, but let's be careful
>    git checkout -b tvr-fix-ax25
>    git pull https://github.com/tvrusso/Xastir.git fix-ax25
>
> then rebuild the code and try it out.  You should be able to start an AX.25
> kernel port in Xastir and NOT see those warnings in your syslog.  If it works,
> please let me know and I'll merge it to main line.  It is working for me Just
> Fine.  But then again, I never had those warnings in syslog.

[...]

> I would appreciate it if *everyone* on the list who uses AX.25 networking
> routinely would test out this code --- it impacts *everyone* who uses AX.25
> networking in Xastir.

I opened a new pull request for this branch to encourage discussion on it:
https://github.com/Xastir/Xastir/pull/20
If you try out the code, commenting on the pull request would be welcome.  If
you spot some horrid error in it, too, that would be a good thing to comment on.