On Dec 16, 2006, at 11:25 AM, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

I agree, although changing the spec is likely to be difficult. Thus, I'm thinking about a back-door approach to create the weather products.

Could we do something as simple as a keyword in the status test to indicate it meets NWS/NOAA standards? Or is the current APRS WX format inadequate in some way?

It could even be as rigorous as having a station vetted in some way, then a (short) public key issued to that station to include in the status text to give the issuing authority a higher level of confidence to the data.

There's certainly nothing to stop anyone from declaring another packet format altogether, although it needs to be compatible with the Kenwoods. |:

I've also thought that one solution to the 144.39 channel crowding was to move WX and an appropriate number if digis to another frequency to create an APRS WX net.

-Jason
kg4wsv



_______________________________________________
Xastir mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir

Reply via email to