On Jul 6, 2007, at 5:33 PM, Reuven Z Gevaryahu wrote:

I had tried doing this a few months back, and noticed that the geocoder
scripts gave many errors,

There were some errors ("unexpected version code") that I think were related to having a newer version of the TIGER data than the script was written for. There were a very few other errors, but the data seemed OK. If anyone finds a problem, post a message here and we'll have a look.

Did you have to make any changes to the geocoder source code to run these?

Not the source. I did make a small change to a script when running the entire USA in one file; the way the script was written there was a single command that was over 17kb long, and for some reason linux had a problem with it. |: Other than that, no changes.

I should also note that Tom did all the hard part on this and the TIGER shapefile maps; all I did was take advantage of a fat pipe and some idle machines. (:

-Jason
kg4wsv