I will look at the routine also. Many eyes make a load light (duck). Plus, outside they are talking about temps with THREE digits here in Brew City today. Plus, winds in the 15-30 MPH range - can you spell "convection oven"?

The threshold setup is akin to windowing. I may be going over previously discussed material here, so forgive me. Fixed position operation is simple, beacon every x minutes. Moving, it should be either time or distance traveled. When you have a GPS unit sending data every second or two, this confounds the issue. Turning is the issue with these beacon rates. You can turn at an intersection and be done with the turn in two seconds.

Before I dig myself a hole (It's not Black Friday), let me see what the code is really doing. Maybe we can all participate in getting this to work.

73 from 807 (breakfast bell),

Richard, N6NKO

Tom Russo wrote:
On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 12:01:47AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of
the <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> flavor, containing:
 Curt, since you are so intimate with the code, can you point me at the
 relevant section of Xastir code that deals with SmartBeaconing and
 CornerPegging? I'll have a look at it to see if how the logic is
 processed.

It's in db.c, the routine "compute_smart_beacon".