There's no problem that mknb command created configuration files
in /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/, but which files were loaded during the boot
process.

Could you check that xnba.efi, xnba.kpxe and genesis.fs/genesis.kernel have
been installed in /tftpboot/xcat?

You said the node booted to a dead end, which files were loaded by the
node: xnba.* or pxelinux.0?

Did you run makedhcp for this node to make it has an entry in dhcpd.leases
file?

Take a look the syslog file to watch the dhcp/tftp process (which mac sends
dhcp request, what did dhcpd reply. And which file was donwloaded from tftp
server), you could get more information ...

Thanks
Best Regards
 Wang Xiaopeng (王晓朋)
 IBM China System Technology Laboratory
 Tel: 86-10-82453455
 Email: w...@cn.ibm.com
 Address: 28,ZhongGuanCun Software Park,No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road,
Haidian District Beijing P.R.China 100193