Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:46:10 -0500
From: russell-l...@jonesmail.me
To: xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [xcat-user] Good xCAT Book

    This is a good start. It's a little bit old and does some things in
    a different way than I would, but the overall information in it is
    great: http://sumavi.com/books/xcat-administrators-guide

    On 10/16/2014 2:35 PM, John Hosie
      wrote:

      I'm working on a
          government contract to support an HPC environment that uses
          xCAT. I've spent over 7 1/2 months working with a document
          that really doesn't say much more than how to get hardware
          support that was produced by the vendor who did the initial
          installation. I've also used what I could find in Google. But,
          to tell you the truth, none of it really seems to be all that
          "good". It tells me about this or that implementation, and can
          be adapted to meet my needs, but it takes time and effort that
          seems to be more than should be necessary.

          Now, it may be better than it once was. I'll give you that.
          But I'd like to know if there is a good published document out
          there I can look for, electronic or pulp, that I can use to
          give me better guidance? What is there out there? And are
          there any sites you've run across that might help me to fill
          in the gaps in my current knowledge?

          Don't get me wrong. I really do appreciate the pieces of
          documentation I've found. I'd just like to find something that
          would help me to be able to tie it all together better.

        Sincerely,

          John W. Hosie III

            jwh3

Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.