From:   "Roger Cline" <rcl...@us.ibm.com>
Date:   09/14/2016 11:58 PM
Subject:        Re: [xcat-user] makedhcp creates dhcpd.conf with syntax errors

Hello Yuan,
  Here is the output when I run makedhcp

[root@c01xsn ~]# makedhcp -n
Warning: No 172.17.0.0 specific entry for domain, and no domain defined in
site table.
Warning: No dynamic range specified for 172.17.0.0. If hardware discovery
is being used, a dynamic range is required.
Warning: No 172.31.4.0 specific entry for domain, and no domain defined in
site table.
Warning: No 172.31.4.0 specific entry for nameservers, and no nameservers
defined in site table.
Warning: No dynamic range specified for 172.31.4.0. If hardware discovery
is being used, a dynamic range is required.
Warning: No 172.17.0.0 specific entry for domain, and no domain defined in
site table.
Warning: No dynamic range specified for 172.17.0.0. If hardware discovery
is being used, a dynamic range is required.
Warning: No 172.31.4.0 specific entry for domain, and no domain defined in
site table.
Warning: No 172.31.4.0 specific entry for nameservers, and no nameservers
defined in site table.
Warning: No dynamic range specified for 172.31.4.0. If hardware discovery
is being used, a dynamic range is required.
Warning: No 172.17.16.0 specific entry for domain, and no domain defined in
site table.
Warning: No dynamic range specified for 172.17.16.0. If hardware discovery
is being used, a dynamic range is required.
Warning: No 172.31.0.0 specific entry for domain, and no domain defined in
site table.
Warning: No 172.31.0.0 specific entry for nameservers, and no nameservers
defined in site table.
Warning: No dynamic range specified for 172.31.0.0. If hardware discovery
is being used, a dynamic range is required.

The result is a /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf which lacks zone names or labels for
172.17.0.0
172.31.4.0

The other two networks are not local to the service node, c01xsn.
172.17.16.0
172.31.0.0

 I get similar results on the other service node, c05xsn but with
172.17.16.0 and 172.31.0.0 included but missing zone names.

It seems like it's a problem with site definition. I have one site defined
and I've tried both of these attributes with the same result.
dhcpinterfaces=eth1
dhcpinterfaces=c02xmn|eth1;c01xsn|eth1;c05xsn|eth1

Thanks

Roger Cline
802.769.1409
LINUX/UNIX/AIX Systems Support