Hi Gilad,

I provisioned sles12.2 statelite using xCAT, I cannot reproduce this Bcase
adress 0.0.0.0 for install nic through provisioning.

I have following questions:

1, Is eth0 your install nic?  install nic is configured by dhcp in xCAT, if
eth0 is install nic, the bcast is not configured by xCAT directly, it
should be calculated.

2, Is eth0 configured by scripts from xCAT?  for example, do you use
confignics or confignetwork scipts or etc to configure eth0?
   If you using scripts in xCAT, could you tell me which scripts? I can
look into it.

3, If you using other scripts to configure eth0, the following command may
cause the bcast address as 0.0.0.0:

       /sbin/ip link set eth0 down
       /sbin/ip addr add 10.10.101.51/24 dev eth1
       /sbin/ip link set eth0 up

   You should use:
      /sbin/ip addr add 10.10.101.51/24 broadcast 10.10.101.255 dev eth1

Best Regards
Yuan Bai (白媛)

CSTL HPC System Management Development
Tel:86-10-82451401
E-mail: by...@cn.ibm.com
Address: IBM ZGC Campus. Ring Building 28,
         ZhongGuanCun Software Park,No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian
District,
         Beijing P.R.China 100193

IBM环宇大厦
北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号,中关村软件园28号楼
邮编:100193

Thanks your information, let me try to reproduce it in my environment.

Best Regards
Yuan Bai (白媛)

CSTL HPC System Management Development
Tel:86-10-82451401
E-mail: by...@cn.ibm.com
Address: IBM ZGC Campus. Ring Building 28,
ZhongGuanCun Software Park,No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District,
Beijing P.R.China 100193

IBM环宇大厦
北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号,中关村软件园28号楼
邮编:100193

Inactive hide details for Gilad Berman ---05/20/2017 04:06:14 AM---All, I
am assuming many linux experts on this list, so sinceGilad Berman
---05/20/2017 04:06:14 AM---All, I am assuming many linux experts on this
list, so since I am not sure this is purely xCAT issue