Hi Tibor,

You can do a lot with different settings in the xci file, but I am not sure you
could re-define “Enter” and “Esc”. “Enter” is on the keypad in your link, but
Esc is not. You could try on your PC if you can find a suitable workaround.

My personal experience is

- a remote should be mounted on the stick

- a 4 way joystick with pushbutton type switch is much better than four
different buttons for arrow keys and enter key

On the top of the page on
http://www.openvario.org/doku.php?id=projects:remote_00:top you can see my
first remote, the new one is on the bottom. During first testing my remote was
not mounted on the stick but just a loose part in the cockpit which is similar
to what you want to do. It was better than touchscreen only, but still far from
perfect. Of course YMMV :-)

Michael