Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:24:31 +0200
From: Tibor Arpas <ti...@infinit.sk>
Subject: [Xcsoar-user] AAT calculation unreliability
To: xcsoar-user@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi,
After a long break I'm flying a competition with XCsoar on an android phone.
The convenience of fine touchscreen,  great display, speed and other advantages
of android are irreplacable.

However I experienced some oddities when flying AAT tasks. One day I flew in
too early, although I flew around 2 minutes past the calculated optimization
arc (and 2 minutes back which makes 4 minutes margin). I flew in 3 minutes
early. That's 7 minutes earlier than expected. I don't remember the exact
McCready setting and actual speed flown but that couldn't be the culprit for
such a large error on a leg of 15-20 kilometers. Any ideas what could it be?

The next day I we had four assigned areas. I was very slow in the first ones
so, clearly, I only needed to touch the 3rd and 4th area. On the way to the 3rd
area I got above final glide. But at the moment of touching the 3rd area the
task arrival altitude increased around 400 meters. The optimization arcs didn't
change (they were at the edges before and after) I cannot think about any
settings which would make this a user error rather than a bug. Can you?

And yes, I'll submit bug reports with tasks and nmea logs if nobody gives tips
for user errors I could've made.