As far as I can see, markers can only be dropped at the current GPS position.
That kind of limits this tool for creating waypoints intended as yet-to-reach
turnpoints or targets.

If markers could be dropped while in pan mode, this would be a whole different
story, though. A user could then pan to the desired location, put the cross
hairs right over the chosen place, and drop a marker, then name it and use in
his task.

The pan mode menu would only need a 'drop marker' box, then.

Viele Grüße
Martin Kopplow

Mobil +49 171 7984740

---