I also just took the time and tried it.

in 6.8.9 it is possible.

Steps:
1. Enable pan mode.
2. Pan to desired location.
3. Double tap on map while still in pan mode (Took a while until I figured that
one out!)
4. Now select NAV 2 and drop marker. You are now in pan mode AND in nav 2 menu.
5. Drop a marker. It is created at the crosshair location and named according
to coordinates.
6. Tap on map to get ‚map elements at this location‘ page.
7. Select the marker from the list.
8. Tap ‚Details‘ button to get element info page.
9. Tap right arrow to get waypoint details.
10. Tap ‚Edit‘ button to get waypoint editor page.
11. Make your edits (Rename, etc. ) and quit with OK.

-> Now tap on the new waypoint in map and insert it in task or go to task
editor and use it the usual way.

I’d not say that is the most straightforward and intuitive way, but it might be
acceptable for pre flight.

In 6.7.x, though, the above is NOT possible, since the marker is not dropped at
the crosshair location.

Martin

---