Hi,

a club mate of mine is pretty happy with his Nexus 7 2013 plus anti glare
shield. Note that there are significant differences between the old (2012)
and the new Nexus 7, cf., e.g., here:
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/archive/index.php?t-109648.html

I wouldn't recommend the use of pinch to zoom. XCSoar uses simple swipe
up/down gestures for zoom for a reason. Easier to use in turbulence. As to
the Flarm connectivity, I use the K6BT adapter for my Android Smartphone
(Nexus 5, OK but not exceptionally bright display):
http://www.k6-team.de/index.php?a=165
Expensive, but works well, no soldering needed, easy to move from one plane
to the other.

CU, Winfried