On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Alexandru Isaila
<aisa...@bitdefender.com> wrote:
> This commit separates the svm caps from the vmx caps.

I can see how the patch relates to the description here, but it's not
immediately clear how it relates to the title.

A good "template" to start with for any commit message is:
1. What the current situation is
2. Why that's a problem
3. How this patch fixes it

The only time you should omit any of these is if it's completely obvious.

In this case, it looks like the answers would look like:

1. Only a subset of the monitor features are available on AMD, but all
capabilities are passed regardless of the processor architecture.

2. This means that the majority of functionality advertized in
'capabilities' is actually broken when running under AMD.

3. Separate out features which are implemented on both systems from
those implemented only on Intel, so that on AMD systems we only
advertize functionality that works.

Is that about right?

 -George