On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 1:10 PM, Alexandru Stefan ISAILA
<aisa...@bitdefender.com> wrote:
> On Jo, 2018-02-08 at 11:06 -0700, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 8:25 AM, Alexandru Isaila
>> <aisa...@bitdefender.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > This commit enables controlregister events for svm.
>> So this patch enables the event to trigger but where is it being
>> handled and forwarded to the monitor ring?
> Hi Tamas,
>
> If I've understand your question right, this is handled, like on the
> vmx side, on a special case on CR0. If this is not what you are looking
> for can you please clarify the question.

So I forgot #4 in my list, "4. Anything else necessary to understand the patch".

Probably a useful thing to add to the commit message would be something like:

"We just need to enable the SVM intercept; hvm_mov_to_cr() will
forward the event on to the monitor when appropriate."

 -George