On 12/03/18 10:24, Julien Grall wrote:
On 11/03/18 20:48, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Wed, 7 Mar 2018, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 06.03.18 at 20:24, <sstabell...@kernel.org> wrote:
On Tue, 6 Mar 2018, Jan Beulich wrote:
these stable releases should go out before the end of the month.
Please point out backport candidates you find missing from the
respective staging branches, but which you consider relevant.
Please note that 4.7.5 is expected to be the last xenproject.org
managed release from its branch.
I am waiting for master to pass Julien's PSCI 1.1 series, then I intend
to backport it to all stable trees (commits from
Backports to older trees might be difficult.
Given your stable release plan, do you suggest I should start the
backports now, even if master has not passed yet, or wait?
There have been a lot of minor issues lately keeping pushes from
happening on master, so if the commits above have not been
pushed just because of such a glitch, I'd be fine with them being
backported right away. If, however, there's any doubt, then I'd
prefer if you waited. But in the end on the ARM side you know
better than me what's best.
Master hasn't passed yet, so no backports of the ARM64 Spectre
mitigation for the moment.
I really don't like the idea to ship 4.9.2 and 4.7.5 with broken arm64
spectre patches. This is indeed the case today as the previous series
was based on early discussion.
But unstable is blocked on amd64 patches. None of the arm64 spectre
^ "amd64 tests".
series touch common code, so I am not sure what prevents us to backport
In the meantime, I tagged the QEMU trees. >
Xen-devel mailing list