On 29.11.23 11:47, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi,

+ Anthony for the tools
+ Juergen for Xenstored

On 29/11/2023 11:34, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
On 11/29/23 08:51, Jan Beulich wrote:

On 28.11.2023 18:47, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
Such constructs are fully allowed by C99:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-12.2.0/gcc/Mixed-Labels-and-Declarations.html#Mixed-Labels-and-Declarations
There's more to this: It may also be a policy of ours (or of any sub-component)
to demand that declarations and statements are properly separated. This would
therefore need discussing first.

The error is coming from python 3.12 headers and not from anything in xen tree, no? As you don't have control over those headers, I'm not sure what other solution there could be.

We seem to add -Wno-declaration-after-statement for some components in tools/. So one possibility would be to move the flags to an hypervisor specific makefile (in xen/).

Anthony/Juergen, do you have any concern if the tools are built without -Wdeclaration-after-statement?

I could live with that.

Juergen