Hi Alexander.

On 04/12/2023 09:28, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
On 12/1/23 20:14, Julien Grall wrote:

So I agree that if we were to remove -Wdeclaration-after-statement then we should also update the CODING_STYLE. However, I am not entirely sure I would want to mix code and declaration in the hypervisor.

Anyway, I think this is a separate discussion from resolving the immediate problem (i.e. building the python bindings).

So for now, I think it would make sense to push the -Wdeclaration-after-statement to the tools.

@Alexander, are you going to send a new version? If not, I would be happy to do it.

Please do it, as in the meantime, my attention has focused entirely elsewhere, so I'd have to switch context and find time to study the xen source. I don't have specific interest in xen, the reason I looked into it is that we're updating python to 3.12 in yocto and this one was one of the many issues that came up all over the userspace stack.

Thanks, I have sent a patch [1]. I decided to add a Reported-by tag rather than Signed-off-by on my version. I hope this is fine.

Cheers,

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/20231205183226.26636-1-jul...@xen.org/

--
Julien Grall