I have two ASUS PRIME Z270-A machines based on Intel Z270 chipset and am
wondering about when support will be available for them and what I can do
to speed this up.

But I have not done anything to do with kernel work since years ago when I
read a lot of the main parts of the Linux 2.4 Kernel. Also I did code to
get into and out of protected mode before this.

Heres the datasheets that cover the chipset :-

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/200-series-chipset-pch-datasheet-vol-1.html
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/200-series-chipset-pch-datasheet-vol-2.html

Regards,

Aaron

--
Aaron Gray

Independent Open Source Software Engineer, Computer Language Researcher,
Information Theorist, and amateur computer scientist.