On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 19:58, Aaron Gray <aaronngray.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 at 23:42, Andrew Cooper <andrew.coop...@citrix.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 18/10/2018 19:45, Aaron Gray wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 at 19:11, Andrew Cooper <andrew.coop...@citrix.com>
>> wrote:

>>> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/200-series-chipset-pch-datasheet-vol-1.html
>>> >
>>> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/200-series-chipset-pch-datasheet-vol-2.html
>>> >

>>> Xen doesn't have a list of individual support chips/systems, because
>>> kernels don't really work like that.  We work feature by feature, or
>>> device by device.
>>>
>>> You appear to have a Broadwell-era system.  Any recent Linux distro
>>> should work for you, including the provided Xen package.
>>

>> I tried installing Xen 4.9 provided with Fedora 28 but it did not work.
>> Can I get support with this please ?
>>

>> What didn't work.  What went wrong?
>>
>> What logs do you have from the attempt?
>>
>> We're not mind readers.  Noone here can divine the cause of your failure
>> from nothing.
>>

> Sorry I will post a proper report over the weekend.

Heres what I am getting now which is different from before with Xen 4.9 on
F28. Before it was actually booting past the [U]EFI stage. And I am not
sure why it is faultering oon this. I have turned off UEFI on the
Motherboard.

error: file `EFI/fedora/x86_64-efi/module.mod' not found.
error: file `EFI/fedora/x86_64-efi/multiboot.mod' not found.
error: can't find command `multiboot'.
error: can't find command `module'.
error: file `EFI/fedora/x86_64-efi/module.mod' not found.
error: can't find command `module'.

error: file `EFI/fedora/x86_64-efi/module3.mod' not found.
error: file `EFI/fedora/x86_64-efi/multiboot3.mod' not found.
error: can't find command `multiboot3'.
error: can't find command `module3'.
error: file `EFI/fedora/x86_64-efi/module3.mod' not found.
error: can't find command `module2'.

I have managed to install, boot, and run F28 in KVM'ed F28 so my hardware
is supported properly by KVM.

Many thanks in advance,

--
Aaron Gray

Independent Open Source Software Engineer, Computer Language Researcher,
Information Theorist, and amateur computer scientist.