Question to all:
The "cpuid" from firmware (OF "reg" property) is significant only to uniquely identify the interrupt line that FW assigned to it (usually for IPIs).

Not firmware in most cases; it's "hardcoded" in the hardware.

It is not necessarily the processors PIR register value, nor does it have any other meaning.

You can set the PIR to whatever you want, it's R/W.

Should we use it as our global index or use our own numbering system

You want to remap those numbers; they can be sparse (like, on a 970GX
system, the CPUs are 0 and 2 typically).

Segher