I have the latest SLOF (6331)

kpblade4:/proc/device-tree/cpus # ls
#address-cells  linux,phandle  name  PowerPC,[EMAIL PROTECTED]  #size-cells
smp-enabled

I also probably have a old blade. But your statement is correct:
"Almost all JS20".  However, that is not the same as all the JS20.

Segher Boessenkool wrote:
The directory does not exist in my dom0 Linux, but "PowerPC,[EMAIL PROTECTED]" exists
instead.  Maybe, my JS20 is newer than Watson's, and uses different CPU
(970FX).  Today, I have no time to debug this further.  Any solution?

You have a newer SLOF version, only the ancient version uses
plain "970" for everything.  Almost all JS20's actually are 970FX.

we have 970, 970FX, 970MP, 970PG and there may be others :)

970, 970FX, 970GX, 970MP, actually.

can we glob this in the python?

Shouldn't be any reason to glob for 970, even -- all device nodes
below /cpus are cpus, always.

Segher