On Oct 20, 2006, at 9:15 AM, Keir Fraser wrote:

On 20/10/06 13:29, "Gerd Hoffmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm not after the xc_get_pfn_list hypercall, but the (appearently?)
other hypercall Keir mentioned ...

Could be xc_domain_memory_increase_reservation() or
xc_domain_memory_populate_physmap() ...

Oh, it's called from xend python land somewhere... :-)

If you were not using python, or if the python was updated to actually obtain the list (passes a NULL pointer): ./python/xen/lowlevel/xc/xc.c:708:static PyObject *pyxc_domain_memory_increase_reservation()

one could easily build a pfn_to_mfn data structure on the tools side rather than get this huge array later.

This would be tremendously useful on PPC because the we typically do not use an order of 0 but large values (for large/super pages) that the data structure could be much more compact.
Baby steps will get us there.

BTW: not sure what xc_domain_memory_populate_physmap() does, looks like it can specify where in PFN space that allocated MFN are placed.

-JX