On Oct 25, 2006, at 9:02 PM, Maria Butrico wrote:

I want to quibble about this change.
First this is not an

# Automatically generated make config: don't edit

Yes it is.

I thought we diligently updated this file by hand. We edit it all the time. The comment is flat out wrong. (I know you did not change the comment today, but I am in a quibbling mood.)

Second quibble:

-# Sat Oct  7 08:37:53 2006
+# Thu Oct 12 16:16:49 2006

When I get a good .config, I simply copy it into the tree and commit it.

Why did you change the date? May I point out that today is neither Oct 7th nor is Oct 12.

No, it is the date that I created it.

Maybe Amos was right about the battery on your machine clock, after all. May I point out that the change is spurious.

spurious?
-JX