I've been having some trouble netbooting linux on a JS21 with an
initramfs, and wanted to see if there were any known issues, etc. Are
there any difficulties in netbooting as an image on a JS21 with an
initramfs/initrd? Any secret voodoo? I'm using Maria's branch of the
linux-ppc kernel both on bare-metal, and on Xen, and I netboot both. Since
I've successfully compiled the Dom0 kernel into Xen, so am just concerned
with the step of getting the initramfs into the linux kernel.

I've followed the instructions straight from the xensource powerpc wiki
for building an initrd. I've also tried compiling using the specify
initramfs source config option in the build process. I can successfully
boot with an initramfs using yaboot, if I specify an option for it, but I
have not successfully booted with an initial image over netboot, or
through yaboot with all the bootargs compiled into the kernel.

Any help or pointers are appreciated.
Thanks

David Daly
Research Staff Member