On Jan 27, 2007, at 8:13 AM, Keir Fraser wrote:

On 27/1/07 12:49 pm, "Jimi Xenidis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

in the 2.6.18 linux of the sparse tree you have:
drivers/xen/char/mem.c  using xlate_dev_mem_ptr as 2 args.

What is the story with this? has the interface changed from under you?
Why not invent a new interface that does not conflict, since this is
your code?

The functions are used only by the /dev/mem driver so really they belong to
us, if you choose to build with our alternative driver. The original
interface is unimplementable over Xen (since we do not have 1:1 mappings of everything). If those changes get merged upstream I would expect a size
parameter would get added to the function in upstream too.

Respectfully, my guess would be that the maintainers would ask that "your" driver to not overload an existing interface and make your own, I know the PPC maintainers would, especially since we all share a single binary.
-JX