Ian,

Its great to hear you are working on this. Thanks for the heads up and
feel free to contact us directly if you wish to discuss/brainstorm
anything. Otherwise, we'll all just wait for the finished article. :-)

Once you are done, and given the recent spate of community contributions
in the patches area, I think we might well be ready for a consolidation
release soon.

cheers,
    Hap.