Did u try pressing cttrl-L. The console sometimes has problems with refreshing
the screen.

The blocked state may just mean that it is waiting for input... which would be
appropriate for install waiting for some selections.

'xming' observation is interesting... would follow up with you separately.
Thanks
/Jd