Hi Ruppet,
   I see comma in error message.. hope it is only cut-paste error.
   Where did u run the configure-xend.sh script ? It needs to be run on each
dom0 that you want to manage.
   Are you running a custom port ? 8000? The default is 8005 or 8006.
   What does netstat -an on the CentOS box say ?

  You do not need to have the xen kernel installed/running on the client. But
you do need some xen client libraries.  Milind, would you be kind enough to
provide the exact list.