Jan Kiszka escreveu:

We discussed a lot about how to prevent the user shooting him/herself in
the knee with inter-tick timestamps, but I still think that
rtdm_clock_read_tsc() would even be worse in this regard.
What do you think abou this documentation:
"This function is meant to be used in periodic mode for getting a high timestamp, independently from the system timer's tick. Its return values should not be used mixed with rtdm_clock_read() values because they are not syncronised. Driver authors[developers?] are advised to state this on driver documentation for the final users where returning these values to them for avoiding confusion.

Note: This function is available for uniprocessor systems only in the meantime."

I think it explains and will not make confusion in driver developers... If sometime someone give a good solution to the syncronisation problem between multiple processors, this can be changed...

Rodrigo.

_______________________________________________________ Yahoo! doce lar. Fa├ža do Yahoo! sua homepage. http://br.yahoo.com/homepageset.html