Jan Kiszka wrote:
 > Hi Gilles,
 >
 > I just tested your new build option. Maybe I'm using it the wrong way,
 > but I stumbled over two quirks:
 >
 >  o "make install-nodev" fails as it tries to install the kernel without
 >    being root. Actually, I only wanted to install the user space part,
 >    how can I do this separately? Or is this rather a use-case for the
 >    standard build?

I did not think about this case. Any idea of what would be better ? Not
installing kernel when running "make install-nodev" ? Creating
install-nokernel and install-nokernel-nodev targets ?

 >  o On every "make", the prepare-kernel script is executed -
 >    intentionally? Maybe it would be better to provide a dedicated make
 >    target to trigger the update.

prepare-kernel should be executed whenever any file or directory is
added in the ksrc and include dirs. On my own machine, prepare-kernel is
much shorter than the kernel build. So, I did not see this as an issue,
but I am ready to accept any better solution. Maybe it could depend on
maintainer mode ? Since the user-space will work automatically when
adding a file or directory only if maintainer mode is enabled.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.