Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
>On 10/11/2005 05:11 PM Fillod Stephane wrote:
>> Heikki Lindholm wrote:
>> [..]
>>> Probably, but there are less than awesome 4xx boards around and I'd
>>> guess they might even be more likely targets than G4 based machines,
>> for
>>> example. Some tuning might be needed.
>>
>> How many people are using Xenomai (or Fusion) on 4xx ?
>> What are their typical sched latency ?
>
>Attached is the result of some latency measurements on the Ocotea eval
>board. The AMCC 440 GX is already a fast 4xx processor. Unfortunately,
>the linuxppc-2.6.10rc3 does not run on our Ebony board. Nevertheless,
>it's difficult to provide a resonable default value. Why not simply
>using 0 and it's then up to the user to provide an appropriate value
>at configuration time?

If it helps, know there's 2.6.10 and 2.6.11 (CONFIG_PREEMPT disabled
though) ADEOS patches available for ppc.

My latency measurements for Freescale e500 are here:
 https://mail.gna.org/public/rtai-dev/2005-02/msg00045.html

It looks like an ADEOS/I-Pipe patch for current Linux kernels is much
expected.

The default calibration value may be set according to L1_CACHE_BYTES.
Of course I'm fine with a default value set to 0, which is closer to my
end of the spectrum :-)

--
Stephane