Hi,

recent development on Xenomai and the underlying I-pipe patch [1]
reached a point where real experiments on yet another architecture for
RTnet are starting to make sense.

In fact, RTnet has been enabled to build over x86_64 already two weeks
back, including a necessary fix to the RTDM layer. I just checked again:
it still compiles fine. 8)

I'm lacking a test platform, so _you_ have the unique chance to be the
first person running RTnet on 64 bits! Grab a 2.6.19 kernel and the
latest I-pipe patch [2], checkout Xenomai [3] and RTnet trunk [4]. Put
everything on some native 64-bit Linux installation and give it hell.

Ah, and don't forget to report your findings!

Jan

[1] https://mail.gna.org/public/xenomai-core/2007-02/msg00205.html
[2] http://download.gna.org/adeos/patches/v2.6/x86_64/
[3] https://gna.org/svn/?group=xenomai