On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 17:14 +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
> > Jan Kiszka wrote:

> >> You are too fast for me - I was still test-building my approach!
> >
> > Too fast? My i-Pipe patched Linux 2.4 kernel did simply not built ;-).
>
> Yeah, and my 2.4 kernel was lying around in the corner, slightly dusty,
> definitely not touched for several months.
>
> Hell, the amount of regressions one (specifically I) can produce due to
> all this config variants is amazing.

We all have a very well defined job in this project, and particularly:
- I do produce the original silly bugs.
- You are in charge of adding regressions to your past fixes of my bugs
- Dmitry is in charge of finding why our common code breaks.
- Wolfgang is in charge of making all the involved fixes compile
properly.
- Gilles is in charge of making the result run on bugous and/or sluggish
hardware.

Ok, all in all, my situation is the best one. Good.

>  What would be really nice is a
> playground for patches, some build system you could post a patch series
> and a set of .configs to and that will then "simply" try to generate
> various kernels and the xenomai userland for various archs
> automatically, reporting back any errors or warnings. Without going
> through SVN with the changes every time. Just a dream.

Niklaus already built most of this infrastructure for us, only the
automated patching part seems to be missing so far:
http://ngiger.dyndns.org/buildbot/

We would also have to alleviate the burden of his server by providing
some dedicated hardware to do that, though.