Hi Jan,

[taking this on the list after several mails with Philippe...]

Le jeudi 11 octobre 2007 à 22:47 +0200, Jan Kiszka a écrit :
> This patch for SVN trunk fixes most of the current bugs around hardware
> timer takeover and release from/to Linux.
[...]

I have a problem with the timer on my MacBook Pro (Core2Duo, used in
_32_ bit mode)(*): when Xenomai takes over the timer (at 'modprobe
xeno_native' time), the Linux timer stops.

Looking into /proc/xenomai/irq shows that Xenomai does receive the
hardware interrupts, and /proc/interrupts shows that they are no longer
forwarded to Linux. Before loading xeno_native, everything is ok.

Linux userspace continues to somewhat work: I can issue commands, and
depending on the syscalls they made I suppose (no, strace doesn't work),
sometimes they end correctly sometimes they hang (and I cannot interrupt
them by ^C or other signals.).

I tried several .config variations, without any change in behaviour: my
current test config has SMP, NO_HZ, APIC, PREEMPT, HIRES all disabled).

This happens with a 2.6.22.9 kernel, adeos-ipipe-2.6.22-i386-1.10-07,
xenomai svn HEAD (rev 3050), with or without your current patch. It is
quite possible that this is not a new problem, since I have this laptop
since a few weeks only and I never ran Xenomai on it.

I'll happily provide any further information or test results if you
need.

Thanks,

Stelian.

(*) yeah, I know I could install a x86_64 distribution but I had some
terrible experiences in the past - mainly due to the usage of some
proprietary bricks like flash, java etc. I know some of those have been
resolved today, and one of these days I should try once more, but now it
is not a good time for this.
--
Stelian Pop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>