From: "Jan Kiszka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "kapilkumar.jain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <xenomai-core@gna.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Xenomai-core] Interrupt Handling in Xenomai

> kapilkumar.jain wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> The problem i faced in Registering Interrupt in Xenomai, if my interrupt
>> line is shared with the ethernet irqs.
>>
>> If we register for the interrupt line which is shared by ethernet irqs we
>> will get the continuous interrupt.
>>
>> According to the Xenomai interrupt handling - we should return
>> RTDM_IRQ_NONE for unhandled interrupt.
>> and RTDM_IRQ_HANDLED for interrupt handled.
>>
>> the problem if I return RTDM_IRQ_NONE, system get hanged with message
>> __XINTIRQ_ No Body cared for IRQ 19
>>
>> IRQ 19 - same irq sharing with ethernet & my module.
>>
>> If instead of RTDM_IRQ_NONE i will return 0; it will not hang.
>> but i am not sure about the functionality when it wil share with some
>> other irq which is important.
>>
>> what is the meaning of returning 0 from Xenomai ISR?
>
> Using 0 directly is not valid, always use the constants, they (or they
> docs) explain their meaning.
>
> I guess you are rather looking for this explanation:
>
> http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/FAQs
> "What can I do if Xenomai and Linux devices share the same IRQ?"
>
> Jan
>
> --
> Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT SE 2

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************This email may contain
confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution
or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the
sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message. Also, email is
susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment
and viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not
liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering, amendment or viruses
or any consequence thereof.
*********** End of Disclaimer ***********DataPatterns ITS Group**********