OK, to recall this message (and lift it to the list):

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this mail should be sent to Paul, but I would like to share with the xenomai
> developers. Probably then should be sent to the xenomai-core list, but I have
> looked the list and it has a high traffic ("for me now") and I'm not a
> developer. So please, Gilles or Jan (or the admin to the list) accept this
> message), I'm not subscriber.
>
> I have looked the debian package of xenomai. The package had a bug [1] that
> Paul commented before. Also, there's  another bug that pass unattended in
> that mail. For the first one, last week I asked to the debian-devel spanish
> list and several people helped and finally Adeonato Simó helped with a patch
> that solved this.

Paul, Gilles, can we apply the proposed fix to SVN (trunk+2.4.x, I
guess)? Or does it have some downside?

> For the second:
>
> E: xenomai: shell-script-fails-syntax-check ./usr/bin/xeno-test
>
> I think that the core developers should look on it. Executing:
>
> $ sh -n xeno-test
> xeno-test: line 404: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
> xeno-test: line 404: `1. added -W <program invocation>'
>
> I have found this error, this part of the script seems a notes about it.
> Maybe
> it should be erased, or move, or comented, from the line 400 to the 430. If
> the lines are commented, then the test is ok.

Leo, is this an issue for a specific shell when calling without -n? Or
who does invoke xeno-text with -n so that we run into this error? It's
no problem to comment out the notes, I just want to understand the
background of this report.