Philippe Gerum wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 11:23 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> Hi Philippe,
>>
>> I got some changes ready for head. What we want to include in the stable
>> branch remains to be discussed, once we agree, I will prepare another
>> branch for v2.4.x patches.
>>

> No objection to merge back FPU fixes to 2.4.x before we close that
> branch, when 2.5 is out. This would give us some time to make sure
> everything is fine while running the -rc series.

Ok. I was thinking that it may be dangerous to merge the "Optimize x86
fpu switches" patch, since it is not strictly necessary. But from the
point of view of getting it tested ASAP by users, you are right. The
concern about switchtest is that the changes once again break the driver
ABI.

>> The following changes since commit bbbaec33689d8e82b604745bb55209a83d79a4bc:
>>   Philippe Gerum (1):
>>         Test for self-deletion in a safer way
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>   git://git.xenomai.org/xenomai-gch.git for-upstream
>>
>> Gilles Chanteperdrix (4):
>>       Improve switchtest coverage.
>>       x86 FPU fixes
>>       Optimize x86 fpu switches.
>>       Fix rt_task_trampoline and rt_task_shadow error paths.
>
> I'm generally ok with the patches, but the last one still leaves an
> issue open: if the child thread dies upon -ENOMEM, the creator won't be
> unblocked from pending on the completion sync in rt_task_create(). We
> could live with this for a while (lacking memory at that point is a
> clear sign that things are going to turn ugly very soon anyway), but
> would we want to fix this, we would have to either fire the
> __rt_task_create syscall with some NULL args and let it notice them,
> then signal the completion block with an error status, or have something
> like __xn_sys_sigcompletion to unblock the waiter directly from
> userland.

I just reused the "fail" label of rt_task_trampoline without thinking
about the consequences. Will try to see which idea is simpler to
implement. In any case, I am afraid we will get yet another ABI change.

A question about git now: can I "git reset" or "git branch -D" a remote
branch ?

--
                                                 Gilles.