Hi,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Daniele Nicolodi <dani...@grinta.net> wrote:
> Hello, I just installed xenomai 2.5.5 on a 2.6.35.7 kernel and I'm
> noticing serious regressions on analogy basic features:
>
> 1. Buffer management is badly broken. It is not possible to run any
> acquisition command that wraps around in the ring buffer. That can be
> simply reproduced with:
>
> cmd_read -v d analogy0 -s 0 -S 0
>
> after a while it will fail with: "cmd_read: a4l_read failed (ret=-32)".
> In dmesg the driver reports: "Analogy: MITE: DME overwrite of free area".

OK. Maybe, it is not Analogy's buffer management; it may be specific
to the NI driver. Did you try to reproduce the bug with another driver
(analogy_fake for example)? It may be due to some fix I made this
summer (which is surprising, I thought I tested the change quite
exhaustively... Sorry for that).

> 2. Buffer is kept memory mapped after the mapping process dies. If a
> process mapping a device buffer dies before un-mapping the buffer, it is
> not possible to reconfigure the bnuffer. a4l_set_bufsize fails with
> error code 32 and dmesg read "Analogy: a4l_ioctl_bufcfg: please unmap
> before configuring buffer". Sinche the mapping process died I do not
> know how to do this.

With a 2.4.x release, did you manage to reproduce the bug?

> When I proposed some easy changes to the analogy API, to make it much
> less confusing with trivial changes, Alexis expressed concerns about API
> stability. What about functional stability? I think the reported ones
> are major problems easily catch with simple pre-release tests...
>
> Cheers,
> Daniele

Alexis.